When going to an addiction treatment program, you should have options for the treatment services you will be receiving. The reason we offer so many options here at Midwood Addiction Treatment center in Charlotte, NC is that we know that everyone is different. For instance, you may benefit more from yoga and group therapy while someone else may benefit more from PTSD treatment and individual therapy.
However, yoga is one of our most used services. It can help with mental, physical, emotional and spiritual health.
What Exactly is Yoga Therapy
Yoga therapy is a holistic method that is commonly used in addiction and mental health disorder treatment programs. Unlike talk therapy, yoga therapy will focus on all these aspects while allowing the client to get exercise at the same time. Through yoga therapy, you can practice meditation and guided imagery, too.
Here at Midwood Addiction Treatment Center, we help our clients with their yoga practices. We believe that healing the mind, body and spirit is essential to the recovery process. There aren’t a lot of evidence-based practices or techniques that meet the needs of all these areas. So, adding yoga therapy into a program with other holistic methods and some evidence-based treatments can enhance your overall recovery program.
Addiction Help Through the Use of Yoga Therapy
There are many ways that yoga therapy can help someone who has an addiction. Some of the most beneficial effects of yoga therapy include:
- Reducing stress and anxiety
- Helping to deal with underlying mental health issues in healthier ways
- Reducing depression and managing PTSD
- Lowering the risk of relapse
- Managing acute pain (sometimes, even helping with chronic pain)
- Adding a hobby to your list of fun things to do in recovery
- Improving social connections in recovery
- Helping you to maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Improves blood flow and promotes healing of the body and mind
The list of ways that yoga therapy can benefit you is an abundant one. If you would like to find out more about these benefits, don’t hesitate to reach out to us today.
Ways Yoga Therapy is Used in Conjunction with Other Addiction Treatment Programs
Do you need to attend an addiction treatment program? If so, we want to stress the importance of receiving a combination of evidence-based practices and holistic treatments. A holistic practice we highly recommend adding to your treatment plan is yoga therapy. Some ways we use yoga therapy in conjunction with other addiction treatments include:
- Adding it into a co-occurring disorder treatment plan
- Bringing it outside with adventure therapy
- Teaching the family about yoga during family therapy sessions
- Encouraging yoga during 12 step addiction recovery programs
- Talking about yoga therapy during educational sessions on holistic treatments
We want to help you and our other clients to reach your recovery goals. If you want to achieve the benefits noted above, we encourage you to take part in yoga therapy.
Start an Addiction Treatment Program with Added Yoga Therapy Services Today
Do you need help with the addiction you have been struggling with? If so, contact us today at Midwood Addiction Treatment Center in Charlotte, NC to get started in a program with added yoga therapy services.
Most Insurance Accepted
We work with most major insurance carriers and offer a range of options to fit your lifestyle and financial means